Variety (1941) - Miscellany: Hitchcock May Join UA as Prod.-Director
- magazine article: Miscellany: Hitchcock May Join UA as Prod.-Director
- journal: Variety (03/Dec/1941)
- issue: volume 144, issue 13, page 3
- journal ISSN: 0042-2738
- publisher: Penske Business Media
- keywords: Alfred Hitchcock, David O. Selznick, New York City, New York, Saboteur (1942), Universal Studios
HITCHCOCK MAY JOIN UA AS PROD.-DIRECTOR
Alfred Hitchcock may become a producer-director for United Artists Productions, new UA film-making unit, it is understood. Deal is being talked, it is said, between Hitchcock, UA-owner David O. Selznick, to whom the director is under personal contract, and UA execs.
Hitchcock and Selznick are both in New York. Hitchcock has been loaned to Universal for a one-picture deal. He'll make "The Saboteur," to go before the cameras in about three weeks.