Leicester Square, London
Leicester Square is a pedestrianised square in the West End of London, situated to the west of Covent Garden.
In the source novel, "Goodbye Piccadilly, Farewell Leicester Square", Arthur La Bern situates Brenda Blaney's Matrimonial Agency in Leicester Square. In the film, Hitchcock moves it north to Oxford Street.
Hitchcock shot the short scene of Jon Finch joining Anna Massey in the taxi at Leicester Square on August 5th, 1971. The background plates for use as the rear projection in the taxi scene were filmed earlier by the second unit team on July 21st.
- Trafalgar Square, London (0.2 miles)
- Piccadilly Circus, London (0.2 miles)
- St. Paul's, Covent Garden Market, London (0.3 miles)
- Henrietta Street, Covent Garden, London (0.3 miles)
- Soho Square, London (0.3 miles)
- Covent Garden Market, London (0.3 miles)
- Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, London (0.4 miles)
Selection of film frames: Leicester Square
Notes & References
- Alfred Hitchcock's London: A Reference Guide to Locations (2009) by Gary Giblin, pages 159-60