Halkin Street, Belgravia, London
The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956)
Forbes House, located at 10 Halkin Street, was used as one of the locations for scenes set in the unnamed foreign embassy at the end of the film.
- rear entrance — Thorney Court
- kitchen — staff canteen at the Royal Albert Hall
- foyer and staircase — Park Lane House
- ballroom — Forbes House
The close-ups of Doris Day at the piano were filmed back at Paramount.
Hitchcock had initially planned to shoot the scenes set in the McKennas' Savoy hotel room at Forbes House, but then changed his mind and filmed them back at Paramount's sound stages instead.
- Wilton Crescent, Belgravia, London
- Park Lane, London (0.3 miles)
- Hertford Street, London (0.4 miles)
- Curzon Street, Mayfair, London (0.4 miles)
- South Audley Street, London (0.4 miles)
- Victoria Station, London (0.5 miles)
Notes & References
- Alfred Hitchcock's London: A Reference Guide to Locations (2009) by Gary Giblin, pages 24-25
- Evening Standard: £40m for Belgravia property (14/Jun/2010)
- The Guardian: Barclay brothers' £1bn VAT windfall bid puts tactics in spotlight (17/Dec/2012)