Park Lane, London
Park Lane is a major road (A4202) in the City of Westminster, in Central London.
Originally a country lane running north-south along what is now the eastern boundary of Hyde Park, it became a fashionable residential address from the eighteenth century onwards, offering both views across Hyde Park and a position at the most fashionable western edge of London. The northern end of Park Lane joins Oxford Street at Marble Arch.
In "Frenzy", Johnny and Hettie Porter occupy a suite overlooking Hyde Park at the London Hilton, 22 Park Lane.
Exterior scenes were filmed on Sunday, September 12th, including a point-of-view shot from suite 508/509. The suite was also used as the make-up and hair facilities for actors Jon Finch and Clive Swift.
The interior scenes were filmed at Pinewood Studios.
- Curzon Street, Mayfair, London (0.1 miles)
- Hertford Street, London (0.1 miles)
- South Audley Street, London (0.1 miles)
- Berkeley Square, London (0.3 miles)
- Halkin Street, Belgravia, London (0.3 miles)
- Wilton Crescent, Belgravia, London (0.4 miles)
- Claridge's, London (0.5 miles)
- Hyde Park, London (0.6 miles)
Selection of film frames: London Hilton, Park Lane, London
Notes & References
- Alfred Hitchcock's London: A Reference Guide to Locations (2009) by Gary Giblin, pages 126-27