Nell of Old Drury, London
Nell of the Old Drury is an English public house located at 29 Catherine Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2B 5JS. The pub traces it's history back to the 17th century.
The exterior of the pub appears in Frenzy.
The interior scenes were filmed at Pinewood Studios on August 17th and 18th, 1971. Production designer Syd Cain repurposed most of the set that had been used to film the interior scenes of The Globe.
- The Globe, Bow Street, London
- Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, London (0.1 miles)
- Covent Garden Market, London (0.1 miles)
- Henrietta Street, Covent Garden, London (0.1 miles)
- St. Paul's, Covent Garden Market, London (0.2 miles)
- The Strand, London (0.3 miles)
- Holborn Stadium, Holborn, London (0.4 miles)
- Leicester Square, London (0.4 miles)
- Trafalgar Square, London (0.4 miles)
- St. Giles Circus, London (0.5 miles)
Selection of film frames: Nell of Old Drury
Notes & References
- Alfred Hitchcock's London: A Reference Guide to Locations (2009) by Gary Giblin, pages 67-68